Do you still have leftover turkey? It’s easy to make great tasting jerky for your favourite Dog.
Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
1. Cut turkey into ½ to 1 inch slices and remove any fat or skin.
2. Place turkey strips on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, and bake for about two hours. Keep an eye on the meat so it doesn’t char or burn. Basically this will dry out the meat, so don’t be surprised if the slices shrink.
3. After 2 to 2 ½ hours, turn your oven off, leaving the turkey inside.
4. As the oven cools, the turkey will continue to dry. Leave the slices in the oven overnight to completely dry and cool.
5. After the slices have cooled, place them in an air tight container, or in the freezer to keep them fresh even longer.
Great treats to use for training. Always remember: The better the treat, the better the dog.
Wag of the tail to: dawgblog